Hoover E7720 SilentAir 2000 Air Purifier
This model has been discontinued. Click here to see other HEPA Air Purifiers.The SilentAir 2000 air purifier operates virtually silently because it has no fan or motor. Rather, it uses electrostatic technology to trap particles such as pollen, bacteria, pet dander, and dust. The unit sends out invisible, negatively-charged ions that attach themselves to airborne irritants. A positively-charged ionization line draws the particles into the machine, where they are trapped on a collection sheet that can capture allergens as small as .002 microns – 35,000 times smaller than a typical human hair.
Most fan-powered air cleaners move and filter larger dust particles. Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier does more. It electronically and silently purifies the air in a home or office by releasing negative ions. These charged ions circulate throughout a room attaching themselves to particles in the air, such as dust, pollen, and bacteria. But unlike standard ionizers, Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier takes the purification process a step further. Its positively charged Dielectric Collection Sheet attracts and traps these minute contaminants, removing them from the air rather than simply allowing the negatively charged particles to fall within the room.
Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier is invaluable to those especially concerned with pure, pollutant-free air. Allergy sufferers receive assistance in controlling irritating molds, pollen, and animal dander. Non-smokers will enjoy an environment noticeably less polluted by secondhand smoke. Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier deodorizes rooms by removing odor-causing particles and removes irritants that affect tired eyes, and it can help reduce the health risks to babies and the elderly by removing airborne bacteria.
But Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier's most important benefits are shared by everyone. Reduced stress and lessened tension can be benefits of its ionizing and air purifying process. The general feeling of well-being isn't hard to recognize, knowing Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier is quietly working to purify living and work spaces of pollutants and allergens.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier is silent. Since it is fanless, there is no irritating noise to interrupt work or sleep, and it will never produce a draft.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier requires very minimal maintenance. The only part of the unit that ever needs regular maintenance is the patented dielectric collection sheet which should be changed every three or four weeks.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier cleans more thoroughly than conventional air purifiers. Fan-powered air cleaners may filter some of the dust and particles in a given room. But because Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier collects rather than filters these particles, it attracts micro-bacteria considered irremovable by filter cleaners.
- Lifetime operation. Since the Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier has no moving components, there are no parts to wear out. Even with continual use, it will consistently generate negative ions. Regular replacement of used dielectric collection sheets and cleaning is all that is required to ensure proper function of Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier unit.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier requires only 4 watts of electricity to operate. This amount is less than $4 annually, one-tenth the power usage of fan-type air cleaners.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier is streamlined and lightweight in design, making for easy placement and use. Weighing only 4 lbs (2 kg) and measuring 16.5" wide x 11" high x 2" deep (42 cm x 28 cm x 5 cm).
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier includes 6 Dielectric Collection Sheets and comes with a 3-year manufacturer's warranty with the return of the mail-in registration card (1-year without return of registration card).
- Hoover SilentAir® Purifier is designed to solve the problems associated with other negative ionizers.
- Hoover SilentAir® Purifier is equipped with a positively charged dielectric collection sheet which absorbs:
- bacteria, mold and harmful airborne particles spread by air conditioners and fan-powered units;
- tick molts, faeces and cell pieces stirred up in carpeting; and
- minute dirt (less than 0.3 microns) which cannot be removed by conventional air purifiers.
- Hoover SilentAir® Purifier deodorizes cigarette smoke, body odor, animal odor, and other kinds of odors.
- Hoover SilentAir® Purifier has no fan and operates silently, 24 hours a day.
- Rooms up to 250 sq. ft. (23 sq. meters) can be purified with one unit, which can be transported from room to room as required.
- Energy consumption is very low (4 watts).
- Replacement Filter: Hoover Electrostatic Purifier 2000 Replacement Filter
- Size: 16.5"W x 11"H x 2"D
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- 3 years parts and labor warranty
This appliance complies with the U.S. Electrical Standard.