Doulton Undercounter Water Filter (Durable Plastic Housing)
Doulton... Worldwide experience in removing waterborne bacteria and contaminants since 1827 - Pure and Simple.
Just Water Filtration? No!... Water Purification!
The Doulton ceramic element is an excellent beginning for improving your drinking water, but with the addition of H2O's specialized cartridges you can economically turn your filtration system into a customized purification system. Additional stages can tackle problems such as excessive heavy metals, strong odors, elevated chemical content, nitrates and even fluoride reduction. The addition of one or more specialty cartridges will dramatically increase the removal efficiency of your entire system.
Features and Benefits:
|Reduces to Safe Levels
||% of Removal|
|Taste & Odor
|Particulates (>0.8 microns)
|Bacteria - E.Coli
|Pesticides and Herbicides
|Parasites - Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Cryptosporidium and Giardia are significantly reduced by the ceramic. Whereas, standard ultraviolet units are not as effective in reducing parasites.
- The Doulton with Ultracarb are certified by NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) for Standards 42 & 53 (chlorine, lead & cyst reduction)
- Another unique feature is the cleanability of the ceramic. Dirt and rust can be brushed off and the flow rate restored, increasing the lifespan of the filter.
- Compact size: 12" tall x 5½" diameter
- The Ultraviolet & Fluoride upgrades are not available in CA, IA, WI & MA.
Doulton Water Filter Maintenance:
- The pore structure of the ceramic element is designed to trap fine particles and bacteria. In doing so, the outside of the element will eventually require cleaning. The need for cleaning becomes evident as the water flow from the drinking faucet becomes reduced. When this occurs, remove the filter element and give it a light scrub under running water. This will restore the original flow of water. If it does not then this is a sign that the filter element is due for replacement.
The Doulton Ceramic Water Filters come in 3, easy to install models
- Durable Plastic Housing, Countertop - no plumbing required. Connects to the faucet with an easily attachable divertor valve.
- Durable Plastic Housing, Undercounter - plumbing required. Connects to the cold water line under sink. All accessories included. Shut off valve excluded. A sediment prefilter is recommended.
- Stainless Steel Housing, Undercounter - plumbing required. Connects to the cold water line under sink. Accessories included.
- Above and below counter models are supplied with all connections and fittings.