By using a four-step process to filter the air of particles, odors and fumes, the Friedrich C-90B provides you with fresh, clean air to breathe and reduces breathing problems for those with allergies and respiratory sensitivity.
The C-90 received one of the highest Clean Air Delivery Ratings (CADR) in independent laboratory tests. And perhaps, most importantly, the C-90B is one of the least expensive air purifiers to operate. Unlike many more expensive HEPA air purifiers which can cost hundreds of dollars per year to operate, the filter in the C-90B is reusable and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
How It Works:
1. The PRE-FILTER catches the larger particles as room air is drawn through the rear grille.
2. In the IONIZING SECTION of the ELECTRONIC CELL, billions of microscopic particles become electrically charged as they pass through a powerful electric field.
3. COLLECTOR PLATES immediately attract these "charged" particles.
4. Finally, an activated CARBON FILTER removes most common odors and fumes as the "clean air" is circulated back into the room.
How to maintain Friedrich Electrostatic Air Purifiers:
In order to keep the C-90 air purifier operating at peak efficiency, it is important to wash the electronic cell. When the electrostatic plates need cleaning, the C-90B will sound much like a bug zapper. The electronic cell can either be submerged in a bathtub or other suitable container and rinsed, or it can be washed in an automatic dishwasher. If the air is of very poor quality, the efficiency of the electrostatic cell will degrade rapidly, and may necessitate weekly cleaning.
The activated carbon filter can be replaced when it is no longer effective in eliminating odors. The life of the carbon filter will depend on the concentration of odors and fumes in the air passing through the air purifier. Under normal operating conditions, the carbon filter should last for six months.
- Three-speed fan quickly eliminates tobacco smoke and odors, dust, pollen, and other airborne pollutants creating a healthier, more pleasant environment
- Perfect for stores, nightclubs, restaurants, gyms, waiting rooms, hospitals, hotels, employee lounges, and more
- Achieved one of the highest Clean Air Delivery Rates (CADR) in independent laboratory tests: 421 Pollen, 326 Tobacco Smoke, 384 Dust
- Covers the area of up to 506 sq. ft.
- Provides significant reduction of allergy and asthma symptoms
- Energy efficient
- Reduces cleaning and maintenance costs
- Uses inexpensive carbon filters for additional odor filtration
- Uses about as much electricity as a household light bulb - as little as 40 watts on the low fan setting