Hoover E7740 SilentAir 4000 Ionizing Air Purifier
This model is discontinued. Click here to see other Air Cleaners and Purifiers.
Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier electronically cleans your environment and collects dust, and bacteria in your home.
Most fan-powered air cleaners move and filter larger dust particles. Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier does more. It electronically and quietly purifies the air in a home or office by releasing negative ions. These charged ions circulate throughout a room attaching themselves to particles in the air, such as dust, pollen, and bacteria. But unlike standard ionizers, Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier takes the purification process a step further. Its positively charged Dielectric Collection Sheet attracts and traps these minute contaminants, removing them from the air rather than simply allowing the negatively charged particles to fall within the room.
Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier is invaluable to those especially concerned with pure, pollutant-free air. It removes many allergens such as air borne mold spores, pollen, and animal dander from the air. Non-smokers will enjoy an environment which is less polluted by secondhand smoke. Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier deodorizes rooms by removing odor-causing particles and removes irritants that affect tired eyes.
But Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier's most important benefits are shared by everyone. The general feeling of well-being isn't hard to recognize, knowing Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier is quietly working to purify living and work spaces of pollutants and allergens.
High Efficiency Particulate Air filters (HEPA filters) are only rated to trap particles as small as 0.3 microns. However, many airborne contaminants measure less than 0.3 microns, including bacteria and animal dander.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier is virtually silent. Since it is fanless, there is no irritating noise to interrupt work or sleep, and it will never produce a draft.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier requires very minimal maintenance. The only part of the unit that ever needs regular maintenance is the dielectric collection sheet which should be changed every three or four weeks.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® air purifier's ionization is adjustable according to room size and requirements. It is possible and advisable to tailor the quality of negative ions emitted by Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier as part of its purifying process. Depending on the size of the room and the concentration of airborne matter, the unit can be adjusted to purify rooms of up to 500 sq. ft. (45 sq. meters) or 250 sq. ft. (23 sq. meters).
- Lifetime operation. Since the Hoover™ SilentAir® has no moving components, there are no parts to wear out. Even with continual use, it will consistently generate negative ions. Regular replacement of used dielectric collection sheets and cleaning is all that is required to ensure proper function of Hoover™ SilentAir® unit.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® requires only 4 watts of electricity to operate. This amount is less than $4 annually, one-tenth the power usage of fan-type air cleaners.
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® is streamlined and lightweight in design, making for easy placement and use. Weighing only 4.4 lbs (2 kg) and measuring 20.5" wide x 14" high x 2" deep (52 cm x 35 cm x 5 cm).
- The Hoover™ SilentAir® includes 6 Dielectric Collection Sheets and comes with a 3-year manufacturer's warranty with the return of the mail-in registration card (1-year without return of registration card).
- Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier is designed to solve the problems associated with other negative ionizers.
- Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier is equipped with a positively charged dielectric collection sheet which absorbs:
- bacteria, airborne mold and other airborne particles spread by air conditioners and fan-powered units;
- minute dirt, down to the size of 0.002 microns - far smaller than what HEPA filters are rated to capture (based on a HEPA rating of 99.97% of particles down to 0.03 microns)
- Hoover™ SilentAir® Purifier has no fan and operates silently, 24 hours a day.
- Rooms up to 500 sq. ft. (45 sq. meters) or 250 sq. ft. (23 sq. meters) can be purified with one unit, which can be transported from room to room as required.
- Energy consumption is very low (4 watts) with an estimated electricity bill of approximately $4.00/year* based on operation of 24-hours per day.
Dimensions and Weight:
- Size: 20.75"W x 12"H x 2"D
- Weight: 4.4 lbs.
- 3 years parts and labor warranty
This appliance complies with the U.S. Electrical Standard.