C-90A Operating Guide [Download: 483Kb .pdf]
C-90A Service Manual [Download: 284Kb .pdf]
C-90 Series Warranty Info [Download: 48.4Kb .pdf]
Frequently Asked Questions
The Friedrich C-90A Electronic Air Cleaner was recently rated best in the Nation's largest independent consumer review magazine. That said, it is extremely effective against airborne allergens like tobacco smoke, pollen, aerosols, dust, and pet dander.
The C-90 received one of the highest Clean Air Delivery Ratings (CADR) in independent laboratory tests. And perhaps, most importantly, the C-90A is one of the least expensive air purifiers to operate. Unlike many more expensive HEPA air purifiers which can cost hundreds of dollars per year to operate, the filter in the C-90A is reusable and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
How It Works:
1. The PRE-FILTER catches the larger particles as room air is drawn through the rear grille.
2. In the IONIZING SECTION of the ELECTRONIC CELL, billions of microscopic particles become electrically charged as they pass through a powerful electric field.
3. COLLECTOR PLATES immediately attract these "charged" particles.
4. Finally, an activated CARBON FILTER removes most common odors and fumes as the "clean air" is circulated back into the room.
How to maintain Friedrich Electrostatic Air Purifiers:
In order to keep the C-90 air purifier operating at peak efficiency, it is important to wash the electronic cell. When the electrostatic plates need cleaning, the C-90A will sound much like a bug zapper. The electronic cell can either be submerged in a bathtub or other suitable container and rinsed, or it can be washed in an automatic dishwasher. If the air is of very poor quality, the efficiency of the electrostatic cell will degrade rapidly, and may necessitate weekly cleaning.
The activated carbon filter can be replaced when it is no longer effective in eliminating odors. The life of the carbon filter will depend on the concentration of odors and fumes in the air passing through the air purifier. Under normal operating conditions, the carbon filter should last for six months.
- Three-speed fan quickly eliminates tobacco smoke and odors, dust, pollen, and other airborne pollutants creating a healthier, more pleasant environment
- Provides significant reduction of allergy and asthma symptoms
- Perfect for stores, nightclubs, restaurants, gyms, waiting rooms, hospitals, hotels, employee lounges, and more
- Achieved one of the highest Clean Air Delivery Rates (CADR) in independent laboratory tests: 370 Pollen, 300 Tobacco Smoke, 375 Dust
- Covers the area of up to 465 sq. ft.
- Energy efficient
- Reduces cleaning and maintenance costs
- Uses inexpensive carbon filters for additional odor filtration
- Uses about as much electricity as a household light bulb - as little as 40 watts on the low fan setting