Slant/Fin Activated Carbon Prefilter for HC-1100 (2 pack)
Replacing the pre-filter at least every three months is recommended.
How to replace the activated carbon pre-filter
- Face the air intake grille.
- Press the release button located on top of unit. (Figure 1)
- Lift filter cover off and set aside. (Figures 2 and 3)
- Remove the entire filter unit by lifting and tilting bottom edge out. (Figure 4)
- Detach pre-filter sheet from the fastening strip on each side. (Figure 5)
- Re-attach a new pre-filter sheet to fastening strips. (Figure 6)
- Re-install the filter unit. Install top edge first and align into place.
- Replace filter cover, bottom edge first, and snap into place until the release button "clicks".
Turn unit on. The filter indicator light should turn off in about 2 minutes of operation on "HI", indicating a clean flow of air. If red light stays on, it is time to replace the HEPA filter.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WASH THE ACTIVATED CARBON PRE-FILTER OR THE HEPA FILTER